Start down the road to being a responsible gun owner properly and safely.Register now
Years ago we were in your shoes and it was one of the most frustrating and expensive experiences of our lives!
We can help you avoid those costly mistakes by offering the course that you absolutely, positively need to take BEFORE you ever set foot in a gun shop.
Over the years we’ve coached literally thousands of people through buying their first personal defense firearm, and trust us, we’ve seen it all — Guns that don’t properly fit the hand (making them inaccurate and dangerous), guns that are the wrong type, guns that are the wrong caliber, guns that are just total pieces of junk, that the dealer just wanted to unload on some poor novice shooter.
We want to save you from learning these expensive and dangerous lessons the hard way by offering you our "Gun Owner Workshop".
This course will teach you the essential skills you need to safely and properly handle and store firearms and ammunition in your home along with the information you need to purchase the correct firearm for your individual needs and more!
Topics covered include:
- Rules for safe and proper firearm handling
- Causes of and preventing firearms accidents
- How firearms function
- Firearms action types
- Proper loading and unloading
- Securing and storing firearms in the home
- Proper ammunition storage
- The proper care of firearms
- Hands on exercises
- The life altering decision of buying your first firearm
- The importance of proper mindset when owning a firearm
- The importance of a home defense plan
- Gun owner responsibilities
- Firearm action types explained
- The pros and cons of revolvers and semi autos
- How to choose the best firearm for your needs
- The importance of proper fit, caliber and action type
- How to properly store and secure you firearm
- Gun store and gun range etiquette
- Ammunition fundamentals: defensive vs practice
- Choosing the right gun store and gun range
- Transporting your firearms legally within the city, state, and the country
- How to properly interact with law enforcement officers
- Benefits of having PA License To Carry
- Setting up a personal and home defense training plan
- And more!
Graduates receive the NRA Home Firearm Safety certificate of completion and the PFA Gun Owner Workshop course completion certificate.